Mepkin Abbey is open to the public as follows:
- Mepkin Abbey’s gardens are open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, to protect the monks, the Abbey’s Church is closed to the public at this time. Visitors are allowed in the church only while on a guided tour, offered at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- The Gardens are open every day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Gift Shop is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. & Sundays from 1 – 4 p.m. The Gift shop will allow three persons at a time and masks will be required to enter the store.
- Church Tours (beginning April 13, 2021) are given every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. Cost: $5 per adult; children are free.
Please social distance in the Gardens, the Gift Shop and during Garden and Church Tours.
- Francis Retreat Center is opened on a limited basis and with restrictions. Click here for more information and to register for a retreat.
- The Monastery and Church will continue to be closed to all visitors (except during Church tours). We have taken this very difficult action on the advice of professionals in order to protect both the monks and our visitors from the COVID-19 virus. As we continue to navigate these very difficult times, please know that our friends, neighbors, benefactors and the community are in our daily prayers. If you have specific prayer requests, please send them to me at email@example.com I will put your request on our prayer list.
While Mepkin Abbey has limited access to visitors, we want to support our friends and benefactors, many of whom find their horizons reduced to the confines of their living spaces, by providing some reflections, ideas and news to help you navigate these very trying times. The first is “Reflections on Contemplative Confinement for the Layperson.” We add reflections and news on a regular basis, so, please visit our web site often.
Fr. Joe Tedesco
Superior, Mepkin Abbey