• Those who register for an Individual/Private Retreat must comply with the Safety and Pledge and Waiver Guidelines on the following pages.
• Registration will be made on the Abbey’s website mepkinabbey.org.
Check in is between 2:00 – 4:00 PM on Monday and Friday. Departure will take place no later than 9:00 AM on those same days.
• Wearing a mask in ALL buildings and physical distancing are Mepkin Abbey policy.
• Noon and evening meals will be takeout from the Guest Refectory (Dining Room) to be eaten in your room or another place. Please bring your own mug and water bottle. Place your takeout boxes and silverware on the cart outside to be taken back for the next meal.
• Guests may now attend all services in the church. Unvaccinated guests may sit in the visitors’ area just inside the door. Guests who have completed their COVID vaccines will be given a purple lanyard and may sit in the designated choir stalls with the monks. These stalls are first come, first served; if they are full, please sit in the visitors’ area. The lanyard serves as a silent signal to the monks that you are vaccinated and may sit in the choir stalls.
• Fr. Guerric may be available for Spiritual Direction or Sacrament of Reconciliation at designated times practicing physical distancing.
As we navigate a new way of operating our Retreat Center, we appreciate your understanding, support and patience. Mepkin Abbey will continue to monitor the information from federal, state, and local governments and we reserve the right to update these guidelines based on any changes or new information from these entities as well as our unfolding experience at the retreat center.
Fr. Guerric Heckel ocso, St Francis Retreat Center Director