St. Francis Retreat Center will reopen the weekend of December 4 – 7, 2120 while maintaining the following restrictions.
- Those who register for an Individual/Private Retreat must comply with the Safety and Pledge and Waver Guidelines on the following pages.
- Registration will be made on the Abbey’s website mepkinabbey.org.
- Check in with take place between 2:00 – 4:00 PM on Monday and Friday
Wearing a mask and physical distancing.
Departure will take place before 9:00 AM on those same days.
- Meals will be Take Out from the Guest Dining Room to be eaten in your room or another place. Please bring your own mug and water bottle.
Rinse your eating containers and silverware in the kitchen sink and place them on the cart outside to be taken back for the next meal.
- Eucharist, Lauds, and Vespers will be streamed to the library conference room. Eucharist will be brought to the Library entrance for those who wish to receive. You will also have the opportunity to participate in any zoom retreats or lectures we are offering in the conference room.
- Always enter the Library up the stairs or elevator from the ground level.
- Guerric may be available for Spiritual Direction or Sacrament of Reconciliation at designated times practicing Physical Distancing.
- Physical Distancing is required and masks are to be worn in the Retreatant Chapel as well as the Retreat Center Commons while maintaining physical distancing.
As we navigate a new way of operating our Retreat Center, we appreciate your understanding, support and patience. Mepkin Abbey will continue to monitor the information from federal, state, and local governments and we reserve the right to update these guidelines based on any changes or new information from these entities as well as our unfolding experience at the retreat center.
Although these measures are limited conditions, they are in place to ensure the safety and health of those attending retreats as well as the monks themselves. We will evaluate this venture and decide what is appropriate for 2021 based on further information.
Fr. Guerric Heckel ocso, St Francis Retreat Center Director