Saint Francis Retreat Center Opens with Restricted Access
- Those who register for an Individual/Private Retreat must comply with the Safety and Pledge and Waiver Guidelines on the following pages.
- Registration will be made on the Abbey’s website mepkinabbey.org.
Check in is between 2:00 – 4:00 PM on Monday and Friday. Departure will take place no later than 9:00 AM on those same days.
- Wearing a mask in ALL buildings and physical distancing are Mepkin Abbey policy.
- Meals are served in the guest refectory and are in silence. Please wear a mask when not eating.
- All guests must be vaccinated to attend a retreat. Masks must be worn in public areas.
- Guests are invited to worship with the monks at the services and sit in the designated choir stalls. These stalls are first come, first served; guests may also sit in the visitors’ area.
- Fr. Guerric may be available for Spiritual Direction or Sacrament of Reconciliation at designated times practicing physical distancing.
As we navigate a new way of operating our Retreat Center, we appreciate your understanding, support and patience. Mepkin Abbey will continue to monitor the information from federal, state, and local governments and we reserve the right to update these guidelines based on any changes or new information from these entities as well as our unfolding experience at the retreat center.
Fr. Guerric Heckel ocso, St Francis Retreat Center Director