https://mepkinabbey.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/logo.png 0 0 firstname.lastname@example.org https://mepkinabbey.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/logo.png email@example.com 18:14:082019-02-06 19:59:14Mepkin Mushroom Loaf
Mepkin Mushroom Loaf
- 4 cups diced mushrooms
- 4 cups cooked lentils
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 coarsely grated carrot
- 3 cups fresh bread slices shredded/crumbs
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes – dissolved in ½ cup hot water
- ½ Tsp. pepper, taste for salt. Add as needed.
- Make topping: Mix 1 cup bread crumbs, ½ cup grated pasta cheese, and ½ cup melted butter in a bowl.
- In a separate, large bowl, place bread crumbs, buillon with water, and eggs. Mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Taste and salt as necessary.
- Put mixture in greased loaf pan and top with the bread topping. (If mixture is dense, add water.)
- Bake at 350 ° F until top is golden brown (about 40 minutes) and serve hot.
- Note: A brown gravy will be great to top serving slices. Optional.
Pat Nelson Original Recipe