- ½ cup rice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ lb Oyster Mushrooms or whatever you like
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the rice and set aside
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion, celery andsauté stirring until soft about 10 minutes. Add the wine and reduce over high heat until only 2 tablespoons remain, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté stirring until very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes to blend flavors. Add rice and cream and simmer for 5 minutes more (do not boil). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.