- 2 – foot long hoagie rolls
- 1 ½ lbs of mushrooms, sliced into large pieces
- 2 large Portabella mushroom caps, sliced (or your favorite mixture)
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ lb shredded Provolone cheese (or your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees. Mix all mushrooms in bowl with Oil and seasonings. Heat fry pan and sauté onion with a little oil Till soft with brown edges.
- Roast mushrooms for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Cut rolls to open out and spread mushrooms evenly over them, then the onions. Lay the cheese on top and use either broiler or oven to melt cheese and slightly brown, watch carefully not to burn.
- Cut rolls in half.